Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gym teachers

Them...
Running like crazy ants...
Giggling and screaming...
Happy!

Me...
A quiet sigh...
A half an hour to sort papers,
set up an activity
or clean up the room...
Happy!

The gym teacher...
Patient...
Knowledgeable...
Fun!

The result...
Exercised and relaxed children...
Calm and collected teacher...
Productive morning!


Every other week, a delightful woman comes to teach physical education. It is my kiddos favorite scheduled activity. It may just be mine as well. The time they spend running and playing leaves us both focused and refreshed. Not everyone could do her job. If you peek into the gym when she is teaching, you will see controlled chaos. She has a plan, they are not running willy nilly.
Today is gym day,
did you guess?
I am happy for my students.
I am happy for me.
May you,
may I,
remember to tell those around us,
"Thank you"
for the wonderful job they do.
Sometimes what others do,
what we do,
makes a bigger impact on the lives of those we touch,
than we could possibly know.
May you know this day,
that every job,
big or small,
is needed.
Without you,
the world would be missing someone special!
Thank you for sharing your talents.
May your life be blessed.
Now,
Tomorrow,
Always.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Teachers touch the lives of children in any subject that they teach! We all find our niche. I admire PE teachers because I know I could never do it!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Choices,
I completely agree. We all have our gifts and I KNOW mine do not include physical education. :-)
Susan