Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ode to fishing line

Oh fishing line so clear and strong...
I'll sing your praises all day long.

A swing is not much fun you see,
if its seat cannot hold three.

With a needle and some time,
you helped to make my small son shine.

Happy and bright his voice we hear
when on his swing he parks his rear.


Ha! ... I know, I'm over the top here.
But, I couldn't resist. I really did fix our yard swing this afternoon. My son really was overjoyed and I was extremely happy that all it took was about an hour and a half and fishing line I already possessed.

I sincerely admire people who
repair cars,
set bones,
build homes.

Their talent,
their art,
is so necessary.

What a blessing that there are people who can
cut hair,
shingle roofs
and lay down roads.
Where would we all be without them?
Whatever your talent,
be it small or large,
thank you for sharing it with world.
May you be blessed each day as you use what you've been given.

No comments: