Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sigh...


Three gardens
A perennial bed filled with itty animals, rocks and whimsy...
A mixed bed where Mary stands watch...
Even an empty annual bed where I can plant my zinnias and sunflowers...
All stand in readiness for the warm sun to awaken them...
...for seeds to be placed..
squirrels to dig them up...
for our annual "war" to begin!
Tears came to my eyes when I looked at the fruits of so many hours of love.
I'm an emotional person.
I tend to cry when I'm happy and when I'm sad too.
To see the stones placed,
the gardens edged in small pebbles
and all the planters full of dirt,
made me stand in awe.
In silence,
with a broom in my hand,
I just stared.
Unable to believe how beautiful it has turned out...
...grateful..
...happy...
...proud...
...blessed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gardens look great. I like the way you have edged them. Now you wait for the new life to begin. In more ways than one. Sring is a wonderful time as we watch for the awakening of all Gods creations. (including all the weeds, and bugs, and squirells.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thank you Doreen. I have to laugh though... It is supposed to snow on Monday. So goes spring in Ohio. Have a wonderful day my friend.
:-)
Susan