Sunday, April 26, 2009

A well worn path


Whatever I face in life.
I know others have been where I stand.
Our human situation,
no matter how wonderful or frightening,
is not new.
Like the trails I trod with my dear ones,
life has been traveled many times by other adventurers.
I am focused on picking a good path,
I am trying to keep an eye out for poison ivy.
Rocks and dust...
bumps and dips...
all are part of the experience.
Hiking...
Life...
Neither are always easy.
Always though..
The trek is worth the effort.
Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is to me one of the nicest scenes. A trail through the peace and quiet of the woods. My favorite place. I feel completle at peace when I look at that picture.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
...you hit the nail on the head... I couldn't say it better if I tried... ((hug)) to you my friend... you really "get" it. Susan
=-)