Friday, April 3, 2009

Warm inside...

Tonight,
with my kids and my son's new aide,
all sitting around our kitchen table,
I happily cooked french toast for those I am blessed to love.

Because of my eldest's help,
sliced strawberries,
homemade cherry syrup
and whipped topping were on the table.

I took the turkey bacon out of the oven and added it to the table as well.


It smelled wonderful inside our kitchen; it made us all warm and cozy.
For a few moments,
I forgot the gray that has blanketed Ohio today.

Some days need whipped topping.

...the little something "extra" that turns
an acceptable meal into something special...

The strawberries at the store were a wonderful deal and it is a known fact that old bread must be used up before the new can be opened! So, when my oldest kiddo suggested breakfast for dinner, I readily agreed.
Later,
as my girls sprinkled powdered sugar
and made happy noises over the bacon,
I smiled.

It honestly doesn't take that much to make them happy.

What a blessing to find joy in simple things.

How amazing that while serving them,

my own spirits were lifted.

I pray that you are blessed as you do what you are called to do in your daily life.

May your life be full of "french toast" happiness!

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

What an absolutely fun idea! Maybe I we will have breakfast for dinner tonight as well! :-)

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Oshawa,
I hope your dinner is delicious, no matter what it is. Though, I sincerely recommend strawberry french toast. (We even put vanilla in the egg/milk mixture.)
Happy dinner wishes,
Susan